Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mid semester critique

Today was my mid semester critique. I would have to say it went really well! I posted these 2 photos from my dream series:


Everyone was very receptive and liked the idea. They gave me good feedback, like experiment more with different techniques of getting my idea across and maybe explore my dreams a little more and put that into the photos as well. So I will probably continue this series to see what I come up with.

Also big news....I am OFFICIALLY a fibers major now. I am BEYOND excited!! I can't wait to absorb everything that is related to fibers. I have some really great ideas that I hope I can implement in my fibers work. I still plan on using photography as well and I think I can really join the 2 to make some fantastic art.

Speaking of fibers I finally completed my first sweater! I'm so excited! It turned out great for my first sweater. It is kind of more like a dress which is what I wanted and now all I need is a brown belt to wear with it and it will be complete! I will post pictures soon. I really need to catch up on taking the photos of everything I've made. I've also made 2 scarves. I really like them. I will be selling them on etsy soon so keep a look out! Also I just bought some yarn and it should be delivered soon and I will start hand knitting some scarves. I have great ideas, great plans and I'm sure they will be up on my etsy account once I finish them.

In other news spring break is next week and I can't wait! Rob and I plan on making a ton of stuff for our etsy shop. He's been working very hard in ceramics and we will be posting some of the items for sale on etsy as well. This is all so exciting!

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a great week!

<3 Ashley

2 comments:

  1. 1. Let me see this sweater (I know, I'm a creeper, oh well). 2. CONGRATULATIONS on the majors switch! We will all miss you, but to thine own self...
    3. You guys (You and Rob) rock, it is so cool you have set up this showcase/ design company for your work. I can't wait to see it become über successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur gonna switch to fibers?! wat?!
    not that it matters to me since im in design but u cant leave kate behind....
    and looooooove how ur etsy shop has kate modeling. aaaaand yah, i need to see more of u.

    ReplyDelete