Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Pots!!

The time has come for new pots from the ever so talented Roberto
I've only had a chance to take pictures of 2 pots but they are his favorite.
They are up for sale on our etsy shop if you're interested! He's been working so hard this semester and he has a ton of pots to show for it which will soon be up on our etsy and I'll make sure to let all my readers know as soon as I put new stuff up in our etsy shop. I've also been working on some headbands that I will put up on our etsy as well.

The first picture is of the front of one of Rob's pots. I'm not sure what he titled it but I've titled it the blue bird vase. And the other  photo is of his other vase. I really love the look of them because they don't have the clear glaze over the top of it so it's just the raw clay with the underglaze, china paint and luster. It's really doing something interesting like becoming more textured and resembles a wall which I believe is what he was going for. I'm really in love with these pieces. I am oh so jealous of his talent.



In other news my passage of time series is coming along quite nicely. I think I'm on to something.  I feel that art for me is kind of a performance. Most photographs I take are of me or Rob and it shows an insight into our lives. I really like that about my art because most of the time I'm not too open about my life and am just a jokster which is love. And my photography as well as more art I do in the future (hopefully) opens up a more vulnerable part to me that I don't have to speak about and hopefully it speaks for itself.

It was super rainy today so I was unable to take Mr. Calvin to the dog park so right now he's just sleeping right next to me like always. It's so wonderful to have a little companion that keeps me company when I'm at the apartment by myself. I'm glad we got him but I just wished he would not be so afraid of Rob. He will begin to love Rob I'm sure of it but it's just going to take time.


I believe that is all for today! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking your time our to read it. Don't forget to show our etsy some love! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)

<3 Ashley
























No comments:

Post a Comment