Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Knitting Swatches

I've been working really hard in school and had to make 10 swatches on the knitting machine. I love love love the knitting machine but it doesn't love me back sometimes. It's very fickle and frustrating but I still love it :) Most of my swatches are fairisle (as seen below) which just means there are 2 different colors that make patterns. They are my favorite, I'm sure you can see why :)


I also did 4 tuck stitches which just kind of make a texture in the yarn and there is 1 lace. I LOVE the lace, it's so girly but I was having a lot of issues with it. That's why there is only one.


I took a photo of the process because before I took this class I didn't even know machines like this existed! They are wonderful once you get them going.


We're starting to draft our own designs now and I think I'm going to start with a sweater. I will post my progress so all you lovely readers can see what I'm doing.

I'm also working really hard on my photography project on Dreams. It is due next week so I will post the final project once I finish and hopefully you'll let me know what you think :) I love feed back!!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for reading :)

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment